We offer our patients 2 Whitening Options: Zoom2! and Sapphire® Professional Whitening Procedures
What is Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening is a procedure that removes stains and discoloration from teeth.
Discoloration can be the result of a combination of things:
- poor oral hygiene
- the effects of aging
- certain foods.
At our office, we can change all this and give you a “Movie Star” smile.
Teeth that are discolored because of tetracycline or excessive fluoride are not good candidates for the whitening procedure.
Whitening techniques will only work for staining caused by some medications if the discoloration is very mild. Teeth that are discolored because of medication or excessive fluoride are not good candidates for the whitening procedure. Veneers are the best solution for more severe discoloration cases. Once you reach our office, our dentist will let you know the best solution for you.
First, we check the teeth for cavities as the whitening gel can cause serious damage if it leaks into these areas. If cavities are found, they must be repaired before tooth whitening takes place. If there are no cavities, we will begin the whitening process. The process is quick, easy, and comfortable. Under the supervision of our dentist, our whitening treatments are completely safe and will not harm teeth or gums.
Zoom2! Teeth Whitening
Zoom2! whitening treatment provides beautiful, long-lasting results. It safely and effectively whitens teeth while preventing cavities and improving the overall health of your enamel. Zoom2! Whitening is ideal for anyone looking for immediate results. The convenience of Zoom2! in comparison to days of wearing trays and gradual whitening makes it the perfect choice for the busy patient.
- In just 45 minutes, this safe and effective system can give you the instant results you’ve been wanting – an average of eight shades! The Zoom2! light activated gel is a scientifically formulated, pH balanced Hydrogen Peroxide that, when activated by the Zoom2! light, gently penetrates the teeth to remove deep stains and discoloration. With 3 fifteen minute sessions you will have a beautiful, bright smile in less than 1 hour. With proper care and an occasional touch-up at home, your whiter smile will sparkle for years. Also with the new Zoom2! system, our patients experience up to 67% less sensitivity than with the previous Zoom! system.
- You will be given some post-whitening care instructions after your procedure. It is important to maintain a good oral hygiene regimen post-whitening to preserve your bright, white smile. We also recommend occasional touch-ups with the Zoom! Take-Home Gel. Your smile will always be brighter than it was before the procedure, but by following these simple instructions, you can retain your results for a long time!
Sapphire® Professional In-Office & Take Home Whitening
Sapphire® Professional Whitening provides beautiful, long-lasting results. They safely and effectively whiten teeth while preventing cavities and improving the overall health of your enamel.
Sapphire® In-Office Teeth Whitening
- Sapphire® Chairside Whitening Gel is a hydrogen peroxide formula. When activated by the Sapphire® light, whitening of over 7 shades is often achieved in 30 minutes.
- With Sapphire® Professional whitening the procedure is performed at the dental office by a trained dental professional. We will use the Sapphire® Light in conjunction with the Sapphire® Chairside Whitening Gel to achieve over 7 shades whiter in just 30 minutes
- Sapphire® Chairside Whitening does not require the use of a mouth tray. This is a one-visit procedure that your dentist will perform. Rather than having to wear a mouth tray night after night, you will see results immediately.
Sapphire® Take Home Teeth Whitening
- Safe: Sapphire® Take Home Whitening Gels are only available from your dentist, who will supervise your treatment from initial consultation through completion.
- Effective: Sapphire® Take Home Whitening Gels can provide results after just one night, though expect to see results in about a week.
- Customized: Sapphire® Home Whitening Gel is a carbamide peroxide formula. This type of formulation allows for whitening at home and is gentler to use outside of the Dentist’s office. Sapphire® Home Whitening requires the use of a mouth tray as the whitening takes place in the patient’s home and is worn for about 3 minutes per day for 14 days.
The advantage of using dentist-supervised bleaching is that teeth can be properly assessed to have the correct chemical concentration, correct method and length of treatment and to be sure the patient is even suitable to have their teeth whitened.
Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss any aspect of your dental health – we don’t charge for giving advice!